I have a bunch of regular site paths that I'd like to be able to refer to
both in my Python code and in my  templates, e.g.

settings.py:
site_root = "/portal"
contact_url = site_root + "/contact"
sitemap_url = site_root + "/sitemap"
login_url = site_root + "/account/login"
logout_url = site_root + "/account/logout"
newspost_url = site_root + "/news/post"

and then make these accessible in some random template using somthing like
the following:

404.html:
{% extends "base.html" %}
{% block content %}
Sorry, we couldn't find that page.
Maybe it has moved -- why not look in the
If it seems like an error, please <a href="{% block contact_url %}">contact
us</a>.
{% endblock %}

Can anyone suggest a good way of doing this?

TIA,

Ian