From: django-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:django-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Sam Walters
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 1:46 AM
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Documentation Checked But Unclear: How to supress form.errors from
views when needed?

I dont understand so you render a view with a form once and you get
form errors on the initial view?

Or

Is there a POST/GET with formdata being submitted generating this
issue? *which would be by design as fas as i can tell you want form
verification to work

Note:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/topics/forms/

If you are binding data to a form for a view and rendering it im
pretty sure you will see form errors if you leave fields blank etc.

cheers

sam_w

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:10 AM, hank23 <hversem...@stchas.edu> wrote:
> I have an edit screen with more than a dozen fields on it of various
> types (text/CharField, select/CharField, date/DateField). When I
> refresh the screen sometimes I want to suppress all of the field
> required errors generated by empty fields prior to the refresh
> actually taking place. So far I have not found anything that works. I
> know in a view that I can check if there are errors for particular
> fields(like this  if form.errors.has_key('title') :
>        titleerrors = len(form.errors['title'] titleerrors =
> str(titleerrors))) and then display the counts on the screen, but I
> have not figured out how to suppress them yet once I know they exist.
> I do not believe that I can suppress them at the form level in
> forms.py, in an overridden clean() method, without suppressing them
> all of the time, which is not my intent. Thanks for the help.

!DSPAM:4d996ba5317541655416946!