On 10 May 07:34, benp wrote:
> Thanks Brett,
>
> I was starting to go a little nuts.
>
> >To a limited extent - also don't forget that the envelope sender and the
> >from header are different.
>
> This seems to imply that I can still change the from header (what I
> understand to be spoofing). I assume that companies like AddThis (a
> social media sharing widget), just change the from header.
>
> How can I do that through Django?

What you'd got would have worked - gmail rewrites the from *and* the
envelope (because they're nice like that) on authenticated smtp - the
only way you could do it is by going through a third party server that
does not rewrite the from header, and have the mail submitted to google
from there.
--
Brett Parker