The idea behind using telnet was simply to verify the network connections - that the web server is listening on the correct port and that your router was working correctly.

Stuart

I am not sure I got your suggestion and I don't have telnet working but i have similar rules for django production server on port 8000 and ssh and they works just fine from external hosts. Does that help?

Thanks.

2011/5/10 Stuart MacKay <smac...@flagstonesoftware.com <mailto:smac...@flagstonesoftware.com>>

    Can you telnet to the web server: telnet <server ip address> 80
    (assuming it is listening on port 80). That would at least tell
    you whether your LAN setup was correct.

    Stuart MacKay
    Lisboa, Portugal

    Groups "Django users" group.