Are you able to specify a dynamic return URL with LinkedIn's API? If
so, you can:

Generate a unique ID for each user (maybe even user.pk)
Use this data in the return URL (e.g. example.com/oauth_return/
<unique_id>/)
Attach that URL to a view which looks up the unique ID - you can now
associate the user with the data returned by LinkedIn

I do something similar with a different oAuth provider, and it works
quite nicely.