I have Django 1.3 installed, and would like the built-in 'runserver'
to show me the SQL queries it is executing.

I found this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/9ed3ea72afc02ee8/a5df8c062640d063?show_docid=a5df8c062640d063&fwc=1&pli=1

However, after reading the Django logging docs, I can't see how to
glue this together. I have the following in settings.py:

LOGGING = {
    'version': 1,
    'disable_existing_loggers': False,
    'formatters': {
        'verbose': {
            'format': '%(levelname)s %(asctime)s %(module)s %
(process)d %(thread)d %(message)s'
        },
        'simple': {
            'format': '%(levelname)s %(message)s'
        },
    },
    'handlers': {
        'mail_admins': {
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'class': 'django.utils.log.AdminEmailHandler'
        },
        'console':{
            'level':'DEBUG',
            'class':'logging.StreamHandler',
            'formatter': 'simple'
        },
    },
    'loggers': {
        'django.request': {
            'handlers': ['mail_admins'],
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'propagate': True,
        },
        'django.db.backend': {
            'handlers': ['console'],
            'level': 'DEBUG',
            'propagate': True,
        },
    }
}

This config is accepted, but runserver's console output still only
shows one line for each GET or POST, and does not include any SQL
queries.

It would be helpful if I could work out how the django.request logger
is plumbed into console output, but I can't see how it is at the
moment (notice that the config above only sends ERROR to mail_admins)

Anyway, I'm a bit stumped - does anyone have a working example of this
they can share?

Many thanks,

Brian.