On 05/24/2011 03:25 PM, candlerb wrote:
Thank you. I tried this and it still didn't log my SQL queries. Then I
went through the documentation again, and found that I should have
configured "django.db.backends" instead of "django.db.backend".

It's working now. Sorry for the noise - it would have been nice if my
junk config had provoked a warning though :-)

Regards,

Brian.

There won't be any warnings for that because nothing's wrong. If you read up on how the logging module works it'll make sense. In short, you can give any names you like (a lot of people just use __file__ to use the current filename). The logging module then treats dotted names like a hierarchy. So what you entered was a completely legitimate name -- it just didn't happen to match the name the Django team used when they created their logger instance.