Thanks Oscar, I read the page already, but am still not totally
understood. The page said the value of DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE should
be "Python path syntax", e.g.  mysite.settings. What exactly is
"Python path syntax"? Would it be ok if I just provide the value as a
file name? Perhaps, "new_setting.py"?

Kann