On 15/08/06, Michael van der Westhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you really need the RE in the query? I think the problem is that
> the re call is being evaluated immediately, which the query is lazily
> evaluated. Would the "iexact" not work without the regular expression?
>
> If you do end up needing the RE, you could try using a custom manager
> on your feeds model. Specifically, you could create a custom manager
> method which filters based on the regular expression, then pass that
> the captured feedtype from the URL.
>
> See http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model_api/#managers for
> details of custom managers and adding methods to them.
>
> Michael

I've just tried removing the regular expression - so the line looks like:

(r'^/?(?P<feedtype>\w+)/$',
'django.views.generic.list_detail.object_list', {'queryset':
Item.objects.filter(feed__feedtype__feedtype__iexact=feedtype).order_by('-time'),
'paginate_by': 15, 'extra_context': {'is_first_page': True}}),

And oddly enough I'm getting exactly the same error; is there another
problem with this statement which I'm not seeing? It seems there is a
problem with variable from the url expression being passed to the view
function - is this a common problem?

--Jon