If I understand this correctly, then you want something like this?

1) Show a form to edit something
2) User changes fields, submits the form
3) If the form was not valid, not only show the errors and the form with the
entered values, but also the *old* values, pre-edit.

I think your best bet is to create custom valid_field() validation functions
in the form class, which access the form instance to show the old values in
the error message.