# Create your views here.

from shapes.models import *
from openmaps.models import *

from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
from django.contrib.gis.shortcuts import render_to_kml
from openmaps.models import Open_Layers
from django import forms
from openmaps.forms import GeoForm
from django.contrib.gis.geos import  GeometryCollection,
MultiPolygon,  Polygon
from openmaps.forms import ReadOnlyForm
from django.shortcuts import get_object_or_404, render_to_response
from django.http import HttpResponseRedirect, HttpResponse
from mapsearch.forms import SearchForm
from OsmMap.models import OsmLayers
from maps.models import Sdr_Layer

def map_search(request):
     lcount = Open_Layers.objects.all()

     form = SearchForm()
     if request.method == 'POST':
                form = SearchForm(request.POST)
                if form.is_valid():
                        data = form.cleaned_data
                        val=form.cleaned_data['LayerName']

                        a=OsmLayers()
                        b=Open_Layers()
                        c=Sdr_Layer()
                        data = []
                        data1=[]
                        data2=[]
                        data3=[]
                        data1 =
OsmLayers.objects.filter(Layername__icontains=val)
                        data2 =
Open_Layers.objects.filter(Layer_name__icontains=val)
                        data3 =
Sdr_Layer.objects.filter(layer_name__icontains=val)
                        data.append(data1)
                        data.append(data2)
                        data.append(data3)

                        return render_to_response('searchresult.html',
{'data':data})

                else:
                        form = SearchForm()
     else:
                return render_to_response('mapsearch.html', {'form':form})

This is my view that returns the search data to searchresult.html .
>From searchresult.html , all the returned data , when clicked on
should take it to a view called map_disp directly from the template .

I have read through the documentation , and this is what I inferred .

1. Pass the primary key id as a number to the map_disp view and then
use it to retrieve the date .
2. Change the urls.py so that the number is captured .

Where my doubt is this , what changes needs to be done in the view
code that I have shown here so that the number is sent .