On Jun 27, 12:30 pm, Coulson Thabo Kgathi <zeeco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok
>
> #models.py file
>
> from django.db import models
> from django.forms import ModelForm
> from django import forms
> from choices import YESNO, AGE, OPTIONS1, OPTIONS2, OPTIONS3, OPTIONS4,
> OPTIONS5, OPTIONS6, OPTIONS7, OPTIONS8, OPTIONS9, OPTIONS10, OPTIONS11,
> OPTIONS14, OPTIONS15, OPTIONS16, OPTIONS17, OPTIONS18, OPTIONS19
>
> class Questxs(models.Model):
>
>     quest1 = models.CharField(
>         verbose_name = '1. Have you ever had sexual intercourse?',
>         blank = False,
>         choices = YESNO,
>         max_length = 5,
>     )
>
>     quest2 = models.CharField(
>         verbose_name = '2. At what age did you begin sexual intercuorse?',
>         blank = False,
>         choices = AGE,
>         max_length = 5,
>         null = True,
>     )
>
>     quest3 =models.CharField(
>         verbose_name = '3. When was the last time you had sexual
> intercourse?',
>         blank = False,
>         choices = OPTIONS1,
>         max_length = 25,
>         null=True
>     )
(snip)

OMG :(

Ok, you firts have to learn what a *relational* database is all
about.  The poll tutorial migh be a good starting point : a "poll" is
a question with a set of possible answers, and your "questionnaire" is
a set of questions with each a set of possible answers (do you notice
some pattern here ?)

You model should look something  like this:

class Questionnaire(models.Model):
    title = models.CharField(verbose_name="Title", max_length=50)
    description = models.TextField(verbose_name="Description",
blank=True, default="")
    date_created = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)

class Question(models.Model):
    questionnaire = models.ForeignKey(Questionnaire)
    question = models.CharField(verbose_name="Question",
max_length="255")
    help = models.TextField(verbose_name="Help", blank=True,
default="")

class Choice(models.Model):
    question = models.ForeignKey(Question)
    text = model.CharField(verbose_name="Text", max_length="255")

class Answer(models.Model):
    user = models.ForeignKey(User) # or IP address or any other
session identifier
    choice = models.ForeignKey(Question)

Notice how I didn't hard-code anything. All questionnaires /
questions / choices / answers are stored in the database, which means
you can create has many different questionnaires as you want without
having to write a single line of code.