Hi!

On 06/28/2011 02:45 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
another thing I don't know about is gunicorn; but the 'g' in the name
comes from 'green threads'.  do you (or anybody else) know if that
means that it patches the python thread implementation?  if so, that
could be interfering with the @async thread.
"g" stands for green unicorn. and we use gevent with gunicorn. so it could be that there is a problem with the threading implementation..
OTOH, now that you have the daemon running, maybe it would be easier
to use the djutils task queue.  try changing the @async with
@queue_command (found in djutils.queue.decorators)

i have tried this, but it resulted in an strange error.

i think i will skip the asynchronous stuff from djutils. tomorrow i will install celery [1] and try my luck with that. :)

thanks for your help,
Anton

[1] http://celeryproject.org/

--
DI(FH) Anton Pirker

IGNAZ Softwaremanufaktur
mobile . web . usability . project management

kranzgasse 2/15
a-1150 wien
tel: +43 699 1234 0 456
skype: antonpirker