Also, one of the things you mentioned (about security updates of the chroot)
is something i have been pondering today. Although a single compile will
mean recompile everytime a security announce is released, this is
unavoidable.

This is my idea for handling security announcements:

The single binary will have support for monitoring various sources for
indications as to whether or not there is a security announcement for one or
more of its internal componants. Within the configuration, the user can set
an email address which these alerts are sent to. To avoid any single person
being the weak link, we'll make it monitor not only the official project
announce, but also remote security repos, to give it hints as to whether or
not there is a security release for any specific component.

The above idea will need some tweaking ofc, or maybe someone else could
think of a better way to do this..?

This also makes me think about build control. I guess each project would end
up having a build file for future rebuilds, would it be wise to integrate
this into the binary, as a backup incase the original is lost??

So many thoughts..

Cal