On Aug 9, 11:22 am, Kejun He <printer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Ok, It is a good method to get the current user.

It's actually THE good method.

> But i just do maintain a django project, and i do not want to change the
> template structure.
>
> And now, I have found a new method to resolve the problem.
>
> through a variable CURRENT_USER defined in settings.py to save the current
> user  in a view.
> and get the current_user from settings.CURRENT_USER.

How ? And does it really works ?-)
(hint: whatever you might think, it's totally broken)

> And i found a strange appearance.
>
> PART_ONE:
> I defined a variable named CURRENT_USER
>
> and import the settings in a view like below:
>
> from gmadmin import settings      ################## the gmadmin is the name
> of the topo directory

DONT import settings that way. ALWAYS use "from django.conf import
settings"

> then assign request.user to settings.CURRENT_USER

Question: what do you think will happen in a multithreaded
environment ?

> PART_TWO:
> Get the settings.CURRENT_USER  in a .py file
>
> the code:
> import settings
> user = settings.CURRENT_USER
>
> But it reported a problem: the settings.CURRENT_USER is None .
> and the problem disappeared when i use "import settings" instead of "from
> gmadmin import settings" on PART_ONE。
>
> Could you talk about it?

It would be better if you learned enough about Django and Python to
find out by yourself - and why this approach will never work.

In the meantime, save yourself some pain and do things the right way
(IOW: do has Tom said).