On Aug 9, 12:13 pm, Kejun He <printer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM, bruno desthuilliers <
>

> > DONT import settings that way. ALWAYS use "from django.conf import
> > settings"
>
> I test in my development server, and found that
>
> from django.conf import settings   is to all client
>
> but
>
> import settings is to a singal one

I don't understand what you mean here. But anyway: the only correct
way to import your project's settings module is to use the first form.
It #1 respects the --settings option of ./manage.py (or the
$DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE environment variable - cf deploying on
mod_wsgi), and #2 makes sure you have the default values for what you
didn't set in you settings file.

> > > then assign request.user to settings.CURRENT_USER
>
> > Question: what do you think will happen in a multithreaded
> > environment ?
>
>  I just test it on my development server, and it could work normally when
> there are several users.

I'm talking about multithreaded environment here.

>  And have not test it in a  multithreaded environment.

Please do.