Hi,

If I wouldn't have a dedicated server, I would choose a hosting
service,
where I can deploy the (mostly) exact project as I do on my own
server.
This for the reason of portability and because of avoiding the
learning curve..

You could have a look at [1]. These days there are lots of provider
like Dotcloud.

Ken inspired me with his blog [2] and in fact I am deploying a new
small
project to Dotcloud.

[1] https://www.dotcloud.com/
[2]