I got a model with longitude and latitude and want to be able to find
other objects nearby a selected object. Can this be done using the
django orm? What is the best approach to do this in a django project?

I found a answer on Stackoverflow, but doesn't work with sqlite. Doing
it in SQL is ok and probably the best solution performance wise, but
if it has to be done in python I'll do that too.

Ref question on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4610717/django-determining-if-geographic-coordinates-are-inside-of-an-circle

--
Mvh/Best regards,