Ok, that makes sense.

The thing is, we've written some python plugins for Softimage to read and
write to the db that get loaded and stay in memory.   When the plugins are
loaded, the django models are imported.  So during the lifetime of the host
application, the python session is the same.

So I really need a way of closing the transaction or flushing the sql in
django,  without starting a new python session.

Any ideas warmly received.

Julian.