Best answer is here ...

http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2010/03/improved-wsgi-script-for-use-with.html

On 28/08/2011 11:02am, Gelonida N wrote:
Hi,

This is also one of the things (I just started using django, so I have
still quite many questions) , that I don't really understand.

It doesn't break anything and I am not stuck.
I'd just like to understand.

$ django-admin startproject settings_twice
$ echo 'print "SOMETEXT"'>>  settings.py
$ ./manage.py shell

The output, that I get is
SOMETEXT
SOMETEXT

In [1]:

So it seems settings.py is executed twice.

I would have expected, that settings.py is imported multiple times.
What I thought though is, that a module is normally only executed once
during the first import
and that subsequent imports do not execute settings.py anymore.

It seems even, that all modules imported by settings.py are executed twice.

Is ./manage.py shell starting two processes??

If yes, why wasn't settings.py imported before 'forking' ?

Thanks a lot in advance