On Sep 8, 12:45 am, Calvin Spealman <ironfro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you explain to those of us to whom it is not obvious, what is the
> point of this proposal? I don't understand what problem it would
> solve.

The commonest use case would be something like this:

Someone wants to use a Django app to run a site: e.g. using a Django
based CMS or forum, or something similar. They have the level of
knowledge required to set up a database using their hosts control
panel, upload some files, and then navigate to a URL. If they are
installing a typical PHP based CMS the rest is a relatively simple GUI
install (the most complicated bit is remembering the database username
and password).