I'm an experienced programmer (started around 1971 or so!) and I've done
lots of things over the years, much of my background is in Unix (Solaris).
In the last few years I have done quite a lot of web related stuff.

I'm trying to get my mind round django.  I have it installed on my
unbuntu server, it works, I've worked through tutorials 1 and 2 and a
bit of 3.  I can get the admin screens up and the basics of the polls
example work.

However two rather basic things still elude me:-

    Where/how do I actually start creating the top level/page of a web
    site?   Do I just open vi and create some HTML and embed django
    code?  That seems unlikely but I can't see anywhere that tells me
    what the code that creates a django site looks like and/or where it
    resides.   An actual example of a two or three page working django
    based web site would be a huge help.

    I can't see anywhere that seems to tell me the issues involved with
    moving from using the built in web server to using apache2 (or
    whatever, I have apache2 on my system).

I know that in a few days time when I have got over the initial hump all
the above will seem trivial so sorry to ask, but at the moment I'm
feeling a bit lost!  :-)

--
Chris Green