On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Chris G <c...@isbd.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to get my mind round django.  I have it installed on my
> unbuntu server, it works, I've worked through tutorials 1 and 2 and a
> bit of 3.  I can get the admin screens up and the basics of the polls
> example work.

just finish the tutorial.  seriously, even if you're so experienced,
it's a much needed introduction.

about how to write, check the paragraph about the MTV architecture:
model, view template.  in short, that means: write your models with
most of the conceptual functionality; then write a view that gathers
all needed info from the models and calls a template to show it as a
web page.  templates should have very minimal 'code' embedded, just to
display the data gathered by the view.

but please, do the tutorial.

--
Javier