I want to store the result of an expensive calculation in my model.

It should be caculated if the the current value is null.

It should also be calculated if requested on the admin form (I added a
Boolean field to the form for this purpose).

The problem is that the calculation requires values from related
models that are Inlines in the admin.

I cannot get the values from the related models in the form, so I
cannot see how to do the calculation there.

I cannot find a signal, or another way, of doing the calculation after
all the related models have been saved. I could call it using signales
on the related models, but then its called many times. That and the
need to modify and resave what I just saved seems a little clumsy.

 Even if I can solve that, it still has no way of knowing if the
Boolean in the form was ticked or not (it does not match a field in
the model, so its value is not saved).

So where can I get values from the admin modelform, AND the inlines?
Or the saved models and the modelform?