I've finally managed to get a basic validator to work on a model (I
used validate_slug on a model field and was able to catch it as a
ValidationError). After getting that to work I tried to then get the
validator that I actually want to work, hasNoProfanities. I have found
that the validator no longer exists. I think the Django 1.3 docs need
to be updated but before I request that I wanted to be sure that this
is the case. This is from the docs:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/ref/settings/

PROFANITIES_LIST

Default: () (Empty tuple)

A tuple of profanities, as strings, that will trigger a validation
error when the hasNoProfanities validator is called.

I guess you have to basically handle this on your own now, is that
true?