Possible? Has anyone prototyped it or put any thought into it? Is it
something people would be interested in?

I'm pretty new to this technology but it's a big thing at my
university (knoesis.wright.edu). I'd have some great people to consult
with if this would be a good personal, research project that may
actually have some use in the real world. I'll be finished with my
degree this November so it won't be an academic research project ...
just some fun R&D.