On Thursday, 13 October 2011 16:36:21 UTC+1, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

> I am writing my personal contact book and now want to make wish list
> for Christmas. I cannot get simplest template working, the template
> is:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://
> www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
> <head>
> <title>Kampanie</title>
> </head>
>
> {% for campaign in campaigns %}
> {{ campaign.name }}
> {% endfor %}

> The model is :
>
> class Campaign(models.Model):
>     name = models.CharField(u"Nazwa", max_length=255, null=False,
> blank=False)
>     objects = CampaignManager()
>     def __unicode__(self):
>         return "%s" % unicode(self.name)
>
> and the view is:
>
> def campaigns(request):
>     form = CampaignForm(request.GET)
>     ctx = {'form': form, "action": "view"}
>     return render_to_response("campaigns.html", ctx,
> context_instance=RequestContext(request))
>
> The code is greatly copy and paste from working parts. I'd be very
> grateful for help, I amd dying of bore and am keen to code, but
> unfortunately my Python friend that usually helped me is too busy
> nowadays.
>
> And Merry Christmas to all :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Piotr Hosowicz

Your view doesn't seem to have anything at all to do with your template. The
only thing you pass to the template context is a form, which isn't mentioned
at all in the template, and you don't pass the only variable which is used
on the template, which is "campaigns".

Are you sure you've posted the correct view? I would expect something like
this:

    def campaigns(request):
        ctx = {'campaigns': Campaign.objects.all()}

--
DR.