> ... I should be able to
> capture and modify the post data, then urlencode the post values using
> urllib, but I cannot figure out how to post the form data AND redirect
> the page to the paypal URL in one shot.

I'm just about to do the same thing.  The only way I could see to do
this is to have a view for the data entry, then once it's
complete/valid, redirect to a confirmation page, which shows a summary
of the order, with all the necessary data in hidden fields.  Clicking
'continue' then submits the form for payment.

This is new territory for me, but there are folks round here who've
done this stuff before.

--
Derek