Good afternoon,

I'm looking at all the notable CMSs and web-frameworks across any
language (C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, .NET, PHP), for an e-commerce
solution which suits my project.

Basically I'm creating an e-commerce store of e-commerce stores. So
for all e-commerce stores integrated with this system, there is a
shared user database and shopping cart integrated with PayPal (but
preferably multiple payment gateways).

Would DJango be a good choice for developing this project?

i.e. are there many predone components for this kind of thing which
can be utilised to speedup development time?

Also, is DJango scalable enough for a system of this sort, or should I
pick a competitor?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor