n Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Kevin Miller <kevinvani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a url that I need to attach to link that is in a jquery
> section. It seem like the django template system is not getting the
> variable. For example:
>
> $.each(event,function(index,value){
>                        var url = "{% url fiesta.views.detail "+
> event[index].pk +"  %}"

It gets the variable alright - the variable is the raw string "+
event[index].pk + ". Template rendering happens before the javascript
runs.

An option is to hardcode an id into the generated URL, and then replace it:

var url = "{% url fiesta.views.detail 999 %}";
url = url.replace('999', event[index].pk);

Cheers

Tom