Jimmy,

Not sure what JavaScript library you use (or if you're familiar with
JavaScript at all), but this is a very rudimentary example:

First, create a View in Django that you can call, and capture the results:

import os
> from django.http import HttpResponse
> def ajax(req):
>     if req.is_ajax():
>         stdout = os.popen("script_you_want_to_run.py")
>         output = stdout.read()
>         return HttpResponse(output)

Make sure you can call it by adding it in your urls.py (be sure that it's
defined *above* any other line that may redirect you somewhere else):

urlpatterns = patterns('',
>     url(r'^ajax', 'your_project.your_app.views.ajax'),

)

Then call it from whatever template you're wanting to use (I'm going to use
Dojo for this example, just because it's my favorite JavaScript library):

var resultDisplay = dojo.byId("results");  // whatever element you want to
> display your results
> dojo.xhrGet({
>     url: '/ajax',  // this accesses the view you created earlier
>     load: function(data) {
>         resultDisplay.innerHTML = data;  // 'data' should be the output
> that you returned from the view
>     }
> });

Again, this is very basic, but this should get you started. Use some test
scenarios to try it out just so you get the idea (such as dropping in a
Python script that does nothing but output "Hello").

I hope this helped.

--
Joey "JoeLinux" Espinosa*
*