Hi Django Expert,

I came through a problem which I never happened to face before in
Django queryset. I have more then 1,00,000 of floating point datatype
(records) along with foreign key field in one data model class. What I
am trying to do is query on these records with following procedure.

    User will enter value (v) e.g 1248.597290039063(float point) and
filter like preicison (f) (how many digits to accept after decimal).
If precision is 5 then I will take only 5 numbers after decimal point,
e.g (1248.59729). I will get these request from html template and do
rest operation on the view.
     * Default parameter ( p) = 0,000005
     * new value (nv) = p* v
     * Highest range (HR) = v + nv
     * Lowest range (LR) = v- nv
     * Now, HR and LR is the search space where query should be done.

So, please only focus on querying on such range after decimal point
(fixed) ?

If question is not clear enough please do comment. I will again try my
best.

Guide me

I have cross posted same question on stackoverflow  (http://
stackoverflow.com/questions/8137748/django-queryset-on-floating-point-
range)