Gah!  Removed it, but now when I load up the page, it just shows me HTML
source code.  The rest of the views work fine.

Sorry for all this trouble.  But at least something is happening with each
change you suggest!  I now have more hope than I've had in quite a while.
I think we're getting close! =)

thanks,
Guillaume