I bought PyCharm at launch and I did not regret. Today all my Python
work, not only Django, is made with PyCharm, I'm using 1.5.4 and when
I can, I'll upgrade to version 2.

PyCharm is payed, but if you'll work on a open source project, you can
apply to a Open Source Project License:
http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/buy/buy.jsp#openSource

Regards,
Sandro