I'm new to django & programming in general. I know the basics of
Python. Anyways, going through the djangoproject tutorial, I came to
the part where you edit the polls/models.py, and this is where I need
advice.

I understand roughly what's going in when we write the script in
models.py, however if I had to create something like this on my own, I
wouldn't know where to begin. Obviously I have no .db experience, but
I get the gist of the different types of fields django uses. The
question is, how do I go about learning this?? Do I need to go through
an SQL tutorial to better understand how this works??

Thanks in advance for ANY help!