On Jan 5, 2:54 pm, Lie Ryan <lie.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/06/2012 02:35 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>
> > Django's models are just a means to define those independent of engine
> > specific notation.
>
> while introducing django-specific notation, which generally maps more
> neatly to the theoretical foundation than SQL (while SQL maps more
> neatly to the implementation of database system).
>
> In particular, in django the concept of primary keys is implemented as
> autoincrementing integers is well hidden from you, and django's foreign
> keys is a full-fledged objects instead of integers with a few restrictions.

I believe, thanks to your (previous) post, I was confused as to the
difference between SQL and Database in general. I had thought learning
SQL was learning database design. When in actuality, it's just the
language used to access databases. I need to study database concepts
and design.

And I think that probably concludes my question to this post. While
knowing SQL will be helpful, I believe I need to learn some about
general database concepts.

THANKS TO EVERYONE who helped me!!! It's very much appreciated, and I
do mean that sincerely. Thanks for taking your time to help a novice.