You can rewrite the *has_add_permission* method of your admin class and
return False.
More info here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/ref/contrib/admin/#django.contrib.admin.ModelAdmin.
has_add_permission

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Swaroop Shankar V <swaroo...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
> I guess the question was not clear and am sorry for that. I have a model
> by the name Photos. I have enabled the admin section for this model.
> I don't want the admin to create any entries for this models from the admin
> area, so i need to remove the 'Add Photos' button on top of the Photos
> listing page. How can it be done? Hope my question is much more clear now.
> Thanks
>
> Regards,
>
> Swaroop Shankar V
>

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Swaroop Shankar V <swaroo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a model called Photos, I would like to remove the save button and
>> functionality from the admin area for photos model. Is it possible?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards,
>>
>> Swaroop Shankar V
>>

>  --

This e-mail and any file transmitted with it is intended only for the
person or entity to which is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Copying,
dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail,
delete this communication and destroy all copies.