On 12/01/2012 8:55pm, Thomas Guettler wrote:
Hi,

<snip>

How do you handle staging?
- Deploy the source code and static files

dev (winXP) commit to svn (linux)

svn wakes up buildbot (same linux)

buildbot wipes out the test site (same linux)

buildbot rebuilds the test site (including collectstatic) and runs tests

buildbot emails the dev team with results including link to logged i/o from the rebuild and the tests

- diff files between stages

svn

- diff database tables.

My project is a prototype at this point and I use PostgreSQL on the dev machine for both dev and testing. Both winXP and linux machines are on the same network. When I need separate databases I'll start using fixtures and dump/reload for both dev and test sites.

At the moment I'm dropping and syncdb'ing tables but I'll use South as soon as the database has settled down.

I'm not ready to move code into production but I think that will be much more a manual process managed by a sysadmin after I document what I what I want done.

Mike

Thomas