This is not a django-specific question, but I couldn't find anything
useful on the subject and have no better place to ask.

Let's say I want to put "welcome {{user.first_name}}" on top of my
template. In many languages, "welcome" has to be declined by gender. I
have no use for the user's gender otherwise, so I don't want to ask
for it in the registration process.

How can I go about this? Is there a publicly available database of
first names divided by language and gender? A public web-service that
guesstimates the gender?