https://bitbucket.org/maze/django-pam/

maybe that helps?

On 02.02.2012 16:47, Tim wrote:
I'm running Django 1.3.1 on FreeBSD + Apache2.2 inside an intranet.

I do not grok authentication, so here is my problem and a question about how I can solve it (maybe). What I need is the name of the user who hits the application. I don't care about the password, I just need to know who they are. I've been unable to get the REMOTE_USER from Apache, mainly because I think Apache doesn't know it either (no authentication is used on the httpd.conf).

I thought (here's my maybe solution) I might create a bunch of users in Django by parsing the /etc/passwd database. Then at least each user would have the same username/password they use to login to the network.

Is that possible? Is there a better way to get the username?
thanks,
--Tim