Hi dummyman,
Everyone starts out as a beginner :) As Martey pointed out, pyfacebook is
dated now(Thanks Martey!) - You can go through the docs on the links posted
by him. If you have a problem, try searching on
StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/>;
they have a team of FB developers monitoring questions on FB app
development.

Also, if you are in for some serious learning, go through
this<http://developers.facebook.com/docs/appsonfacebook/tutorial/>tutorial.
Actually, the most difficult part is to get the oAuth part right
- once that is done, using the returned JSON data in Python is matter of
working on dicts. The FB docs are comprehensive, but may be daunting at
first. You can, and maybe should use libraries already developed, but
learning oAuth 2.0 authorization will be nice experience :) - Also, Google+
have launched their own API for developers which also uses oAuth 2.0 for
authorization.

Yati Sagade <http://twitter.com/yati_itay>

(@yati_itay <http://twitter.com/yati_itay>)