what is Pinax?

And this is not a learning exercise.

Well i'll still want to know the other way too.

Best Regards,

Stanwin Siow

On Mar 5, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Alec Taylor wrote:

> DRY principle is what Django is all about.
>
> Use Pinax instead of developing your own Profile system.
>
> If Pinax profiles don't show exactly what you want, extend them.
>
> Unless you're doing this as a learning exercise?
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Stanwin Siow <stanwin.kts...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Even after doing that,
>>
>> The error still occurs. And my data is still unsaved in the database.
>>
>> Should i be creating a backend?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Stanwin Siow
>>

>> On Mar 5, 2012, at 7:13 PM, nicolas HERSOG wrote:
>>
>> I looked at my code in order to notice diffs.
>>
>> You should add return new_user() after your new_profile.save()
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Stanwin Siow <stanwin.kts...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> How do i save a user's profile into the database once i entered the
>>> details in my custom registration form?
>>>
>>> Also right now when i'm testing it out, i get the following error:
>>>
>>> create_inactive_user() got an unexpected keyword argument
>>> 'profile_callback'
>>>
>>> What could be the problem here?
>>>
>>> Am i overriding the original form correctly?
>>>
>>> Appreciate any inputs. Cheers
>>>
>>> here are the snippets you require:
>>>
>>> Forms.py
>>>
>>> from django import forms
>>> from r2.models import Keyword
>>> from r2.models import UserProfile
>>> from registration.forms import RegistrationForm
>>> from registration.models import RegistrationProfile
>>> from django.utils.translation import ugettext_lazy as _
>>> from registration.forms import RegistrationForm, attrs_dict
>>>
>>> class ProjectSpecificRegistrationForm(RegistrationForm):
>>>     keywords = forms.ModelChoiceField(queryset=Keyword.objects.all())
>>>     first_name
>>> =forms.CharField(widget=forms.TextInput(attrs=attrs_dict),label=_(u'First
>>> Name'))
>>>     last_name
>>> =forms.CharField(widget=forms.TextInput(attrs=attrs_dict),label=_(u'Last
>>> Name'))
>>>
>>> def save(self):
>>>     new_user =
>>> RegistrationProfile.objects.create_inactive_user(username=self.cleaned_data['username'],
>>>     password=self.cleaned_data['password1'],
>>>     email=self.cleaned_data['email'])
>>>     new_profile =
>>> UserProfile(user=new_user,username=self.cleaned_data['username'],
>>> keywords_subscribed=self.cleaned_data['keywords'],first_name=self.cleaned_data['first_name'],last_name=self.cleaned_data['last_name'])
>>>
>>>     new_profile.save()
>>>
>>> project urls.py
>>>
>>> from r2.registration.views import activate
>>> from r2.registration.views import register