Hi,
lets say I want my templatetag to collect menu items from all the
rendered template pieces.

I thought of writing custom templatetag which would work as following:

this would be called in "sub-template"
{% register_menu_item "some item" "/someItem/view" %}

and finally the "main" template would call {% render_menu %}

the first command would simply add the (label, url) to the collection,
the second one would render all the collected items.

The problem is - where to keep the collected data? the RequestContext
passed is not always the same, even during processing the same request.