Thanks.  I don't think that *in principle* creating new models on the
fly is a bad thing, although maybe some will argue with me.  There's
another Django app that allows you to do this within the admin
interface, and I've considered using it.  I dislike the idea of having
to make assumptions about the backend that will be running, though,
and assuming that my users will be using mod_wsgi, FastCGI, or
gunicorn is anaethema to the idea of making a portable app.  I *think*
I have it figured, out, although my implementation still feels
"hackish" to me.  I suppose another couple of iterations on it may
make sense.