I'm trying to write a unit test that will verify that the login form
authenticates a user. Whenever I run 'manage.py test' the runner fails with
*AssertionError: False is not True*

*tests.py*
from django.test import TestCase
from django.test.client import Client
from django.contrib.auth.models import User

class TestAccountLogin(TestCase):
    def setUp(self):
        self.client = Client()

    def test_login(self):
        user = User.objects.create_user('test', 't...@test.com', 't3stp@s$')
        response = self.client.login(username=user.username,
password=user.password)
        self.assertTrue(response)

After creating the user, I can verify that user.is_active is in fact True,
but unfortunately response returns False. Both
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware' and
'django.contrib.auth' are declared in settings.py.

Any thoughts?