Hi All,
Am developing a site using django and it is almost ready to be launched.
Right now am trying to optimize the performance of the site. I have
installed the django debug toolbar and when i checked the number of queries
being exicuted on the homepage i could see there are 74 queries
being executed. On debugging I could see that most of the queries  are
through the context_instance=RequestContext(request) that am passing to a
view. When I removed it I could see the queries where reduced to 24, which
improved the performance, but I end up in an error

Caught KeyError while rendering: 'request'

this is happening because the homepage is rendering a custom template
tag which requires the request object available (to access the
currently logged in user details). So is there any way to avoid using
context_instance=RequestContext(request) and still make the request
object accessible in the custom template tag?

Thanks and Regards,
Swaroop Shankar V