Well.. i think the lazy query is on action.

The query executed to get the data from database to be use in your view, if
you said requestContext(..)

if you remove it, of course the data will not available in your
view/template.

To reduce the query executed everytime you call the page, try use query
caching..
one quick way without change code is use some cache like johnny-cache..it
will automaticly cache your query and unvalidate it if your data changes.

i used it to.. and try load your page more than once, you will see in the
debug toolbar, the query is reduced in the second and next load...that is
the cache in action..

hope help..