AFAIK, django templates dont support what you are trying to do. You could
check some answers
here<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4063515/django-template-question-accessing-a-list>
.

I would restructure the data being passed to the template to something like
this:

module_tests = {
    'module1': ['TC1','TC2','TC3'],
    'module2': ['Case1', 'Case2']
}

and then in your template:

{% for module, tests in module_tests.items %}
       <li>
               <h3>Automation Test Result for Test Suite: {{ module}}</h3>
                               {% for tc in tests %}

>                      {% endfor %}

{% endfor %}

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Wally Yu <dayu.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if Django template supports nested tags? Here is my
> situation:
>
> My Template:

> <ul class="acc" id="acc">
>        {% for module in modules %}
>        <li>
>                <h3>Automation Test Result for Test Suite: {{ module}}</h3>
>                                {% for TC in
> TCs.{{forloop.parentloop.counter0}} %}
>                                 ... ...
>
>                                 {% endfor %}
>       ... ...
>       {% endfor %}
>
> Here are the Lists I'm trying to pass into template:
>  - modules = ['module1', 'module2']
>  - TCs = [['TC1','TC2','TC3'],['Case1','Case2']]
>
> But seems "{% for TC in TCs.{{forloop.parentloop.counter0}} %}" is not
> working... That probably because a "forloop" is inside a "for" tag.
> The error message is:
> "Could not parse the remainder: '{{forloop.parentloop.counter}}' from
> 'TCs.{{forloop.parentloop.counter}}'"
>
> Does anybody encounter the same problem with me? Could you help share
> your idea to solve it? Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks,
> Wally

- Aziz M. Bookwala

Website <http://azizmb.in/> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/azizbookwala> |