Hey!

You could clean the protected fields from the model data by overriding
"clean" methods of the form. The documentation is
here<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/forms/validation/#cleaning-a-specific-field-attribute>
.

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Min Hong Tan <tan.dja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a problem on the formmodel.  basically, to set the field read only
> and disabled is easy.
> but, the problem which I facing now, is a bit complicated.
> - if set field "read-only" field. We can actually modify the record by
> using web developer tools by press "F12"
>   to modify the record and saved.  it did update the value for read-only
> field.  this will be a security issue, if
> some one know this.
>
> - if set field to "disabled" it will not post the key field.  but, instead
> , it let it blank. and error shown, this field
> is required. is ok, we can set required=false. but, it will be sending key
> field value as blank to the database.
>
> How to I avoid this issue for record "Editing" without user  can modify
> the value using F12 and show as read-only?
>
> Regards,
> MH

- Aziz M. Bookwala

Website <http://azizmb.in/> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/azizbookwala> |