On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:36:32 AM UTC-6, rahajiyev wrote:

> Why is Django strangely quoting column and table names? It gives
> Oracle syntax errors.
>
> DatabaseError at /
>
> relation "foo" does not exist
> LINE 1: ...ty", "foo"."address_country" FROM "foo"."...
>
> Of course it exists as foo, not as "foo".
>
> I already did the CREATE SYNONYM trick to avoid messing with schemas.

What does the db_table in your model definition look like?  It should just
be:

    db_table = 'foo'  # Django will take foo and change it to "FOO", which
is how Oracle interprets foo

not:

    db_table = '"foo"'  # Since this is already quoted, I think Django
won't change it, and then Oracle won't be able to find the table because it
is explicitly the wrong case.

Cheers,
Ian